[WEB4LIB] Re: What a UCLA Student Thinks of Librarians

Nancy Sosna Bohm plum at ulink.net
Fri Mar 8 23:43:32 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dobbs, Aaron" <DobbsA at apsu.edu>
> Having just read his "apology... I can only hope that the librarians who
have helped him
> in his prior research ...

Hey Aaron, I doubt he has ever darkened the door of the UCLA BioMed Library.
I just took a quick peek (at http://www.library.ucla.edu/libraries/biomed/ )
and did a search for "molecular biology." Just as I suspected, they use LC,
not Dewey (as he asserted in his feeble attempt at humor).

If nothing else, his article underscores the necessity of Librarians taking
the initiative in providing bibliographic instruction to classes. The
alternative seems to be an ignorant group of graduates in the disciplines
outside of the Information professions.