[WEB4LIB] Re: Table centering in XHTML

Kevin W. Bishop bishopk at rpi.edu
Fri Mar 8 14:44:42 EST 2002

At 10:59 AM 3/8/2002 -0800, Robert Sullivan wrote:
>Thomas Dowling's method of setting width and margin percentages looks to
>be the
>most reliable.  The allmyfaqs site was very interesting, too.

I tried this with a table that was inside two or three nested < div>'s, but
it broke the layout in IE 5.5, requiring horizontal scrolling to see the
entire table.  (Thankfully, I'm only validating to XHTML Transitional.)

Then again, IE 5.x never did have quite the right idea with the CSS box
model.

-kb

Kevin W. Bishop   >   bishopk at rpi.edu
Communication & Collaboration Technologies
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
      RPInfo: http://www.rpi.edu/rpinfo/
      Kiosk: http://j2ee.rpi.edu:8080/kiosk/setup.do