[WEB4LIB] PubMed's Linkout and Proxy service

Donald Barclay dbarclay at library.tmc.edu
Fri Mar 8 13:16:12 EST 2002

Bruce,

We do just what you are talking about. We use EZProxy, and the simple
solution is to put the URL for "our" PubMed

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?holding=hamtmc

in the EZProxy config file. The only hitch is that users have to access
PubMed via our URL for the proxying to work. If they go directly to PubMed
on their own, they don't get proxied.

I can send you more details if you like. Kathy Kwan of the National Library
of Medicine is a good resource for this kind of question.

Donald A. Barclay
Assistant Director for Systems and Informatics
Houston Academy of Medicine--
Texas Medical Center Library
dbarclay at library.tmc.edu <mailto:dbarclay at library.tmc.edu>
713.799.7120