Video for Web

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Mon Mar 4 11:39:31 EST 2002

I remember asking this question a couple of years ago but I'm sure the answer to
this has changed since I first asked. Since we never pursued this then, I still
need to know how to do this.
:-)

I have a department that has training videos on VHS tape. They want to convert
these tapes to a format that can be made available on the web. What hardware and
software will they need to convert the tape into a format for web use? I recall
that you needed a special video card to take the signal from the VCR into your
PC.  If anyone has done this recently, I would appreciate hearing your
experiences. I'm sure I'll be back to ask about formats and the benefits of
streaming video, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician