[WEB4LIB] Email reference/web-based email

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Wed Mar 27 16:49:51 EST 2002

This is not a WEB solution but what I've done is setup a single email
account for our Ask A Librarian email link which is
askref at www.library.appstate.edu .  Most of our librarians use Netscape
Messenger so I just setup a profile  on the staff machines that will be
responding to these requests and on the reference desk machine for the
askref account.

I plan on updating our 'Ask A Librarian' Zope solution to check the askref
email account and put new submissions into the WEB database that the
librarians use to respond to the patron questions.  This will make a one
stop solution for the reference librarians.

Thomas