[WEB4LIB] Internet Explore in Kiosk mode

Mike Novak prx000 at mail.connect.more.net
Mon Mar 25 18:23:09 EST 2002

From: "Arthur Christy" <arthur.christy at tamut.edu>
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Internet Explore in Kiosk mode

> This gets rid of toolbars, address bar, even the start button bar!  The
only
> thing they can do is click.  My shut down programs works with it.  I
> accomplish what I needed with PWB.  The only way to exit IE is task
manager
> then 'End Task'.  And if you are running Fortres they can't get do a
> CTL-ALT-DEL to get to the task manager.

But ALT+F4 will still work unless you have this disabled too (I'm not
familiar with Fortres, maybe it does this).  Also be aware that CTRL+O and
CTRL+L both open a Open URL dialog, so you'll need to lock 'em into your
catalog with a fake proxy or the like.  Kiosk is still a nice feature though
when you take these into consideration!

Mike Novak
Systems Librarian
University City Public Library