Online payments

Shane Nackerud snackeru at tc.umn.edu
Fri Mar 22 10:53:22 EST 2002

Has anyone out there delved into the world of online payments and/or online
credit card transactions?  There are some services at my library which
require payments depending on the type of request and affiliation, but we
have yet to make these payments available online.  We already have a secure
server (SSL) set up to handle username and password access to our licensed
resources, so, obviously, this could also be used to handle online
transactions.  So, are there any other libraries out there actually doing
online transactions?  Do any of you have any words of wisdom on how to get
started, pitfalls to avoid, services or companies to use, etc.?  Any advice
would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

Shane Nackerud
Web Services Coordinator