[WEB4LIB] Search functions

Lee Jaffe ldjaffe at cats.ucsc.edu
Wed Mar 20 16:14:06 EST 2002

One service that no one else may mention is FreeFind.com
http://www.freefind.com/  I use them for one of my personal
Web sites and not only do they do a free search service but
they can also generated a site index.  They send me weekly
and monthly statistical reports.  -- Lee

At 12:41 PM -0800 3/20/02, Nancy  Eaton wrote:
>We are interested in having a search-this-site function on our site.
>Our ISP can do this for us - for a price, of course. I know that
>there are some other alternatives out there - picosearch and atomz
>are the ones that I've seen recently. I'm interested in opinions
>about which direction we should go: hire this out locally, or go
>with either a paid or a free service from the Internet. The site is
>currently about 400 pages. This is also being considered for the
>City's web site (the library is a City department), and I need to
>present some information about alternatives to the City web
>committee next week. Thanks for your help.
>
>Nancy Eaton
>Duluth Public Library
>Duluth, MN
>www.duluth.lib.mn.us

Lee David Jaffe               Library Computing & Network Services
168B McHenry Library                                 ldjaffe at cats.ucsc.edu
University of California             831.459.3297  fax: 831.459.8206
Santa Cruz, California 95064       http://people.ucsc.edu/~ldjaffe