[WEB4LIB] Scanning text

Daniel Noonan daniel.noonan at sos.state.nj.us
Thu Mar 14 13:35:52 EST 2002

Hi Betty - one simple way would be to use Adobe Acrobat (not the Reader) to
create PDF from the images or scan directly to Acrobat and put the PDF on the
webpage.

Thank -- Dan

--

"The librarian will have to be a more active participant in staving off
"infochaos." If the traditional  librarian has been conceived as a   figure at
home in the discreet silences and cautious dealings of a Henry James novel, now
perhaps the right model will be found in James Fenimore Cooper or the Star
Wars films: something between the pathfinder Natty Bumppo and the Jedi knight."

"Avatars of the Word" James J. O'Donnell, Ph.D., 1998