[WEB4LIB] Combining classes with CSS

Kevin W. Bishop bishopk at rpi.edu
Thu Mar 14 10:07:53 EST 2002

I don't know if it's "legal" to combine classes in a single element, but why?

Perhaps I am reading too much into your example? Is it simplified for the
sake of argument, because I don't see how a class with a single attribute
or set of like attributes is advantageous at all?

It seems to me the definition of a class with only one (set of)
attribute(s) undermines the purpose of the cascade in style sheets.

Slightly confused, as always,
-kb

Kevin W. Bishop   >   bishopk at rpi.edu
Communication & Collaboration Technologies
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
      RPInfo: http://www.rpi.edu/rpinfo/
      Kiosk: http://j2ee.rpi.edu:8080/kiosk/setup.do