[WEB4LIB] Re: PHP anyone?

Sebastian Hammer quinn at indexdata.dk
Thu Mar 14 04:04:03 EST 2002

Hi,

I hope I'll be forgiven for adding a plug, but you should be aware that PHP
also includes support for the Z39.50 protocol, which allows you to build
interaction with your own or others' library catalogues (provided they are
Z39.50-enabled) right into your own websites. It's a neat way to experiment
with different kinds of interfaces. It does require the addition of an
extra (free) module to the PHP engine.

The "PHP Black Book" contains both reference and tutorial material for how
to implement access to bibliographic (or other) systems using Z39.50.

Reference:

Moulding, Peter
PHP Black book
ISBN: 1-58880-053-9