[WEB4LIB] Netscape plugins

Andrew I. Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Tue Mar 12 20:01:29 EST 2002

Dan,

I'm making the assumption that you are referring to plugins and 3rd party
programs that handle various content types. It's likely that they are
still there, just not displaying under Netscape's "Helper Applications".
To see if the browser is really recognizing plugins, type:

about:plugins

in the Location Bar. That will list all of the plugins that Netscape
currently recognizes. However, even if you do not see your plugin listed
there, it's possible that Netscape will still open your document in the
proper viewer when prompted to do so.  If you have a specific helper
application that you are having a problem wuth, let me know. We've worked
out most of them for the K-Meleon browser, which shares the same base code
with Netscape.

One more thing - if you are missing actual plugins, some of them are
available here:

http://home.netscape.com/plugins/

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician