[WEB4LIB] Re: Site Search on Front Page

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Tue Mar 12 13:02:58 EST 2002

> Oddly enough, if you take a look at the idiosyncratic
> FrontPage-generated code for the Site Search page, the action for the
> reset button is "S-Clear":
>
> <!--webbot bot="Search"
>        S-Index="All" S-Fields="TimeStamp,Weight" S-Text="Search for:"
>        I-Size="20" S-Submit="Start Search" S-Clear="Reset"
>        S-TimestampFormat="%m/%d/%y" TAG="BODY" startspan
> b-useindexserver="0" --><form action= ...etc.
>
> I'm not sure how they define the word "clear" in Redmond ...

I can't say for certain, but I think that just means you want a reset button
on the form, not that the reset button actually _clears_ the search field.

> When you insert a site search component in FP, it automatically inserts
> the *whole form* as a single component, including the "reset" button. To
> those who quite reasonably suggested I nuke the reset button altogether,
> I offer this as explanation for my not doing so - I can't. FrontPage
> won't let me.

Can you not edit the "element"/component and remove the ' S-Clear="Reset" '
attribute?

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Education & Research Technology Services,     http://gollum.usask.ca/
  Information Technology Services Division,
  University of Saskatchewan