[WEB4LIB] multiple internet access points

Scott Furciniti sfurciniti at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 10:41:05 EDT 2002

Hi Kim,

I could be wrong, but I don't think that multiple
installs of IE will work for you.

I went into C:\Program Files and made a copy of the
entire IE folder, opened IE from that folder and set a
different home page.  Then I went back to my desktop
and clicked my original IE icon and it brought me to
the NEW homepage even though that icon points to the
IE install in the original folder.

I can think of a couple other options that you might
consider.

Option 1.  Create a simple html menu page with links
to the three sites and have that menu page be your IE
home page.  That way, clicking HOME will still give
users the ability to enter any one of the three sites.

Option 2.  Install a couple of other browsers ie.
Mozilla, Netscape, Opera, etc. and set each of them to
different homepages.

Regards,

Scott Furciniti, Systems Administrator
Roswell Public Library