[WEB4LIB] FTC to search engines: Disclose paid links

gary gprice at gwu.edu
Sat Jun 29 15:44:01 EDT 2002

Bernie and others:

On the VAS&ND (http://resourceshelf.freepint.com)
I also have a link to the full-text of the FTC
opinion discussed in the article.

Direct at:
http://www.commercialalert.org/PDFs/ftcresponse.pdf

The original complaint was filed about a year ago with the FTC.
This article from 7/12/01 by Danny Sullivan has details.
http://searchenginewatch.com/sereport/01/07-ftc.html

cheers,
gary

P.S. I post new material to the VAS&ND daily. I've also just added an RSS feed
http://resourceshelf.freepint.com/resourceshelf.xml

--

Gary D. Price, MLIS
Librarian
gary at freepint.com

The Virtual Acquisition Shelf and News Desk
http://resourceshelf.freepint.com