Pay-Per-View Access to Supplement e-Journal Subscriptions

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Sat Jun 29 13:14:23 EDT 2002

       Pay-Per-View Access to Supplement e-Journal Subscriptions

   I am greatly interested in learning of libraries that offer mediated
or unmediated/subsidized or unsubsidized access to Pay-Per-View journal
content to supplement current electronic journal subscriptions. Such
access may be to journals to which a library does not presently
subscribe and/or to the back volumes of journals to which a library
choose not to provide open access.

    While I am interested in all types of services, libraries that
offer real-time desktop access are of particular interest.

   I am also interested in any and all literature (articles, reports,
chapters, etc.) relating to Pay-Per-View e-journal access and use for
academic and research libraries.

     As Always, Any and All contributions, comments, queries,
questions, or Cosmic Insights are Most Welcome!

Gerry McKiernan
Just-in-Time Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011