[WEB4LIB] RE: Cleanup Word docs converted to HTML

Peter McCracken peter at serialssolutions.com
Tue Jun 25 14:45:53 EDT 2002

I've had recent successes in opening a Word document in StarOffice, then
saving it in the StarOffice HTML format. While some unnecessary stuff
remains, I've found the few needed global find and replace actions to be
quite manageable.

This go-round of the discussion has pointed out a few resources that were
new to me and which I want to investigate, but so far the StarOffice
solution has been the only (no-cost) one that's seemed halfway workable for
me.

Peter McCracken, MLS
Co-founder and Director of Product Development
Serials Solutions, LLC
444 NE Ravenna Blvd, Suite 211
Seattle, WA  98115
(206) 545-9056 ext.17  //  (866) SERIALS ext. 17
fax: (206) 525-9066  //  peter at serialssolutions.com