[WEB4LIB] Screen menus

GRAY, PAUL PAUL.GRAY at tccd.net
Mon Jun 24 19:42:38 EDT 2002

In the Downstairs lab we use CybraryN -- full blown menu system with the time out feature you mention plus many of the security features found in Fortress etc.

For reasons of their own our librarians prefer not to use it in the reference area.
There we use Internet Explorer as a shell and a web page as our 'menu'
This does give us a bit more freedom as far as fonts and styles and graphics etc.
For better or worse -- what you gain in cosmetics -- you lose in security and time out features.

Most of what we promote for use there is web-based anyway.
For the few locally held programs we use KixStart scripts to launch them from IE.

Paul H. Gray
Library Manager - LAN & CLC
TCC Northeast Campus
Hurst, TX