[WEB4LIB] Cleanup Word docs converted to HTML

Sue Kamm suekamm at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 20 11:40:48 EDT 2002

I have Dreamweaver 3 at work, and it has a function that cleans up
Word's junk.  (I apologize if I've offended any people who use Word to
create web pages.  I've learned my lesson, and don't use Word for that
purpose.

The DW tutorial doesn't rea;u tale a user though the steps of creating a
page from scratch.  Since I am a firm believer in the KISS principle, I
create pages in Arachnophilia (largely because DW's color palette is
magically hard to use), hand-code whatever needs hand-coding, and then
go to DW for editing.  I have copied some MS clipart to a special file
and use it when I need illustrations.

--
Your friendly CyberGoddess and ALA Councilor-at-Large,
Sue Kamm
email:  suekamm at mindspring.com
Visit my web page:  http://suekamm.home.mindspring.com/index.htm
"Fernando Valenzuela has pitched a no-hitter. . . . If you have a
sombrero, throw it to the sky."
-- Vin Scully, June 29, 1990