[WEB4LIB] Re: Cleanup Word docs converted to HTML

Keith Higgs dkh2 at po.cwru.edu
Thu Jun 20 10:46:33 EDT 2002

At 07:22 AM 6/20/2002 -0700, Raymond Wood wrote:

>A free utility from the W3C called 'Tidy' will clean up goofy
>Word 2000 code.  There is a GUI version for windos called
>'TidyGUI'.

Tidy also comes as a default plug-in for HTML-Kit, a FREE text mode editor
from http://www.chami.com.  I've been using HTML kit for a few years now
and have enjoyed it. It's billed as a Windows only program but it has no
trouble running on a Mac using Virtual PC.

HTML-Kit comes with
* syntax highlighting for HTML, XML, CSS, Javascript, JScript, Perl,
Python, PHP, C, C++
* programmable, user-defined hot key combinations
* programmable auto-complete
* availability of lots of free plug-ins
* an open API with instructions for developing your own plug-ins
* a built-in FTP client that allows you to open files from and save
directly to the remote server. (I DO edit live files on the server.)

Keith

D. Keith Higgs  <dkh2 at cwru.edu>
Webmaster - University Library, Case Western Reserve University
11055 Euclid Avenue, Room LL-17, Cleveland Ohio 44106-7151
http://www.cwru.edu/UL/   Voice:216.368.0669   Fax:216.368.6506