Cleanup Word docs converted to HTML

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Thu Jun 20 09:48:51 EDT 2002

Many of us are familiar with the vast amounts of style and other
information that is buried in HTML pages created by "Save as HTML"
from Word 2000 and related products.

In the past we've used an MS download called something like
msofhtml.exe that does a pretty decent job of cleaning out the
formatting and styles from Word 2000.  However, it appears that
program won't work under WinXP or with OfficeXP software.  It seems to
require that Office 2000 be installed on the machine.

I've searched the MS site and haven't found a new version.  If anyone
could offer a pointer to a new version of the MS cleanup tool, or to
some other tool that will do a similar job, I'd appreciate it.

Meanwhile, I continue to encourage our authors to create pages in
FrontPage and not in Word, and to cleanup the converted pages.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115  USA