Trouble with imagemap

Yvonne Reynolds Reynolds at nbict.nbi.ac.za
Thu Jun 13 10:09:57 EDT 2002

Hi,
I have often created image maps in Dreamweaver, but today I have a problem.

 I have created a graphic in Fireworks, saved it as a gif ( also tried saving it as a jpg and cycling it through Corel Photopaint in desperation), but once it is inserted into a page in Dreamweaver it won't allow me to create  hotspots for an image map.

One can outline the hot spots, but they just disappear as one lifts the cursor and one gets a Ping sound- much as one does when one tries to edit things that are part of a template .  It seems that creating a hotspots on this image is definitely verboten.

 Has anyone else experienced any similar problems? Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?  Probably something very basic.
Any hints most gratefully received.
many thanks,
Yvonne

Yvonne Reynolds
Website Manager
National Botanical Institute
Kirstenbosch.
P/Bag x 7, Claremont 7735, South Africa
Tel +27 21 799 8712
Fax +27 762 0646
email: reynolds at nbict.nbi.ac.za
http://www.nbi.ac.za
http://www.plantzafrica.com

The NBI accepts no liability for unauthorized use of its e-mail facility nor for corrupted or virus-infected messages.