[WEB4LIB] RE: Advice on Linux

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Tue Jun 4 18:18:38 EDT 2002

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of os/platform/webserver and of
6371 servers how many libraries are these divided between.

Realize also, as already mentioned, sometimes others make decisions you have
to enforce.  For instance our library decided to purchased ILLiad (Inter
Library Loan Server) so now I have to support NT/IIS/MSQL7 because this is a
proprietary package(and with the problems I've had with it I refer to it as
the IDIot server).  On the other hand I run the library web server on a
Digital Alpha NT with Apache formerly Netscape Enterprise, but am most
pleased with my Linux/Apache and Linux/Zope.  I am looking forward to
putting Linux on the Alpha even if RH version 5.2 is the last supported
Redhat release for the Alpha 2100A.

Thomas