[WEB4LIB] RE: Advice on Linux

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Tue Jun 4 11:43:08 EDT 2002

At 08:27 AM 6/4/2002 -0700, Cantona, Eric wrote:
>Here are some recent numbers of what ".org" servers are using (Looks like
>the trend is leaving IIS):
>http://www.netcraft.com/Survey/Reports/0203/bydomain/org/
>
>When using Apache with Samba and mod_frontpage I can't think of any other
>"infrastructure" that would cause me to use IIS.
>
>SAMBA
>http://www.samba.org
>
>mod_frontpage
>http://www.microsoft.com/TechNet/archive/office/office97/reskit/fp98serk/A_S
>OURCE.asp

You could have mentioned this one as well:
http://www.chilisoft.com/

Just because they exist doesn't mean they'd be the first choice of people
who otherwise spend their days fiddling with Win2k file servers and writing
code in Visual Basic.

LEO

Leo Robert Klein                                Library Web Coordinator
office :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: http://newman.baruch.cuny.edu
radio station ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: http://patachon.com/radio