[WEB4LIB] RE: FBI to monitor libraries

Donna Winter dwinter at tln.lib.mi.us
Mon Jun 3 09:19:20 EDT 2002

> Along similar lines --
> Most librarians I know and I have been working with them for many years are extremely fine people --
> Why they and/or the profession would be so set on providing a safe haven for illegal activity totally eludes me.
> (Just my .02 -- don't bother flaming me  - because you won't change my mind any more than I will yours.)

Hear, Hear! If you've got nothing to hide, who cares what you read/look at
on the internet. It's been really bugging me that so many people on this
list are bent on protecting the rights of suspected criminals and nobody
has spoken up on the opposite side.

Donna Winter					Livonia Civic Center Library
Reference Librarian, Adult Services		32777 Five Mile Road
email:  dwinter at tln.lib.mi.us			Livonia, Michigan
phone: (734) 466-2494				ref. desk: (734) 466-2490
http://tln.lib.mi.us/~dwinter			http://livonia.lib.mi.us