Partioning Drives

GRAY, PAUL PAUL.GRAY at tccd.net
Thu Jul 25 15:36:55 EDT 2002

Over the years I have wavered between partioning the workstation hard drives and and leaving them as a single C:

I lean toward leaving everything as C: mainly because most programs' installation programs list C: as the default location and some really don't seem to like to run from anywhere else.

I understand, though, that keeping the operating system on a seperate partition from installed apps and other data is supposed to improve security and performance.

Does anyone have good reasons pro or con on partitioning?

I'm running W2K on stations with hard drives ranging from 8 - 20 gig.

Thanks
Paul H. Gray
Library Manager - LAN & CLC
TCC Northeast Campus