[WEB4LIB] CSS or JavaScript

DCollins at rveeh.vic.gov.au DCollins at rveeh.vic.gov.au
Thu Jul 18 18:47:19 EDT 2002

I wouldn't know whether CSS or Javascript is better to use. We use a free
script here at RVEEH for our drop down menu.  See it working at:

www.rveeh.vic.gov.au

We got it from:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com
or the exact address is:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm

I really like it, it's easy to configure and fiddle with and I think it
looks good.  There are full instructions. All the code is in 2 separate
files so it doesn't clog up your pages.  It's also free to use on private
or commercial sites.  Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Cheers

Dominique Collins
The Ronald Lowe Library
The Royal Victorian Eye & Ear Hospital
Locked Bag 8
East Melbourne VIC 8002
AUSTRALIA
Email: DCollins at rveeh.vic.gov.au

                    Connie Hudson
                    <CHUDSON at flower-mo        To:     Multiple recipients of list
                    und.com>                  <web4lib at webjunction.org>
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    web4lib at sunsite.be        Subject:     [WEB4LIB] CSS or JavaScript
                    rkeley.edu

                    18/07/2002 03:59
                    Please respond to
                    CHUDSON

I would like to create a rollover effect on a menu item that creates a drop
down menu with hyperlinks.

Example: When the mouse is positioned over the Children's button, I would
like a drop down menu of links to Summer Reading Club, Storytime, Reading
Lists, etc.

I have a book on Javascript that references the effect but talks about
using
CSS. Do I need to get a book on CSS to get the instructions for what I want
to do?

Any pointers will be very appreciated.

Thanks

Connie Hudson, Systems Coordinator
chudson at flower-mound.com
Flower Mound Public Library
3030 Broadmoor  Flower Mound, TX   75022
972-874-6161  fax 972-874-6466

Attention:
The information in this e-mail message may be confidential, and may
also be subject to legal privilege, public interest or legal
professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any
use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorised.

If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
the presence of computer viruses. The Royal Victorian Eye and Ear
Hospital however does not warrant the message is free of viruses.
It is recommended as a prudent business practice the recipient perform
a virus scan of any message received.