Students

Joyce M. Latham latham1 at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 18 16:14:11 EDT 2002

FYI, troops, one of the assignments for my web class is to sign up for
Web4Lib, monitor a significant thread, research the topic off list, and
write it up.

I am trying to expose students to the kind of collaborative effort we
just kind of grew up with professionally.  They don't seem to be as
inclined to ask for help with anything, almost as though they should
know it all already.

We, of course, know otherwise.

I will be teaching the course again in the fall, so there will be
another 25 lurkers out there monitoring what you say.  Hopefully more of
them will feel confident enough to pose a query to you all.

I also did a seminar for a group of South African library directors who
are here in C-U for a leadership development program.  Web4Lib was at
the top of my list for resources that should investigate when they
return to their homelands.  They are just beginning to work with the
concepts of collaborative effort, and are quite thrilled by the idea of
access to such expertise for the price of attention.

You do good, y'all.

Joyce

--
Joyce M. Latham
GSLIS -- University of Illinois

   "Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people; there is
only     enlightened activity."  Suzuki Roshi