Web Advertising

Jean Willis jwillis at sdcll.org
Wed Jul 3 13:40:24 EDT 2002

Good Morning

I am seeking information from any libraries who may utilize advertising
on their library web pages.  Some libraries have been using links to
various book vendors/stores in "affiliate programs."  These programs pay
the library a percentage of the fee if a customer purchases something
after arriving at the commercial site via the library website.

I am interested this or any other types of advertising on library web
pages that generate revenue.

*  What types of vendors do you permit to advertise?
*  What are your charge structures & how did you arrive at them?
*   How do you determine which vendors you will use or not?
*   Has this been successful (i.e., have you generated revenue) or not?
*  What are the pros and cons?

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.  Feel free to respond to me off
the list.

Thanks & Happy July 4.
Jean L. Willis                          jwillis at sdcll.org
Assoc. Dir. for Information Systems     (619) 531-4443
San Diego County Public Law Library     (619) 238-7716 (fax)
1105 Front Street                       http://www.sdcll.org
San Diego, CA 92101-3904