Looking for use experience (pro and con) of Zope for web sites and applications

Robert S Doiel rsdoiel at usc.edu
Wed Jul 3 12:52:14 EDT 2002

Hello everyone,

I work in a small unit at the University of Southern California.  We
have used Zope for small to medium projects for about 2 years.  The unit
has recently been reorganized and I need to write a
recommendation/justification for continued use of Zope.  I am looking
for other library or higher educational institutions which use Zope
currently or have used it in the past to find out what their experiences
(pro or con) have been.

Please send the responses directly to me at rsdoiel at usc.edu.  I would be
happy to post a summary on a website and send the URL to the list if
others are interested.

My leading questions are -

* Are you using Zope currently?  (If not Zope what are you using now?)
* Are you using it as your primary web server/web application platform?
* Have you found it to be a reliable solution?
* What limitations, if any, have you found using Zope?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Robert Doiel

--
Robert Doiel, Analyst/Programmer
USC James Irvine Center for Scholarly Technology
rsdoiel at usc.edu