[WEB4LIB] launching executables within a browser

GRAY, PAUL PAUL.GRAY at tccd.net
Wed Jul 17 11:06:08 EDT 2002

Based on recommendations from the list we have been using Kixstart
(from the NT Resource Kit)
It allows you to write essentially batch files to mount cd's run exe's etc -
The files use the extension .kix  - so you just associate .kix with the kix executable -- and so far we havent found anything we couldnt make run.
Pleasantly it still worked fine after we moved to W2k

Paul H. Gray
Library Manager - LRC LAN & CLC
TCC Northeast Campus
Hurst, TX