[WEB4LIB] Mozilla

Andrew I. Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Tue Jul 30 20:39:36 EDT 2002

Charlie,

You're not doing anything wrong. The home button never displays on the
toolbar in Mozilla. It appears on the "Personal Toolbar". I consider this
one of Mozilla's most egregious UI offenses. So do others:

http://mpt.phrasewise.com/stories/storyReader$35

However, the beauty of open source software is that enterprising coders
can rectify these errors. Such is the case with this site which allows you
to add your own "Home" button.

http://home.no.net/trihand/mozilla/home/en/

I haven't tried it with 1.1b but it worked nicely with 1.0.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI