[WEB4LIB] Re: Popups

Bill Teschek bteschek at hampton.lib.nh.us
Wed Jul 24 13:07:03 EDT 2002

> I've used Pop Up Killer and found that it closed
> down things that I didn't want it to.  I tried Pow!  from Analog X last
> night and it works well except you have to tell it which windows you don't
> want. Is there a happy medium?  Do you have recommendations as to what
> works in your library?

POW works very well for us, but as you say, you have to tell it which
windows to kill. We have the kill list file kept on a server and all of
our machines access the same file. Staff have the ability to add to
the list, while the public does not, but all share it. It doesn't get rid of
all popups by any means, but you only have to be bothered by them
once.  What we need now is a POW users group to share kill lists
with one another!

Bill Teschek
Assistant Director
Lane Memorial Library