[WEB4LIB] Re: Popups

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Jul 24 08:39:18 EDT 2002

At 05:18 AM 7/24/2002 -0700, Marc Truitt wrote:
>Okay, silly question time...
>
>I'd *love* to kill the popups, if I could only find the option.  I went
>looking through my Mozilla preferences last night.  Either I looked
>straight at the option several times and failed to see it, or it is
>labelled in a fashion that is less than fully intuitive to me.  In
>either case, I'm sorry to say that I missed it.  Would someone please
>tell me exactly where in Preferences I can set this option?  I'm running
>Mozilla 1.0 on RH7.2.

Assuming the preference options are the same on Linux as on Windows (that's
part of the point, right?):

Edit/Preferences/Advanced/Scripts and Windows.  The option to disable is
"Open unrequested windows."  I also disable "Change status bar text" since
that's a Javascript trick I find particularly unpalatable.

Thomas Dowling
Ohio Library and Information Network
tdowling at ohiolink.edu