[WEB4LIB] PC signup software

Mark Ellis mark.ellis at yourlibrary.ca
Fri Jul 19 17:07:58 EDT 2002

Maureen,

We've been using Library Online <http://www.sri.bc.ca/library.htm> for over
three years now and are very happy with it.  It was originally a custom
product, written to our specifications, but has since assumed a life of it's
own. Booking and management are both web based.

I believe SRI can give you online access to a demo system.

It probably wouldn't be cost effective to implement it for less than fifteen
or twenty PCs, as it uses a SQL Server backend.  However, at the other end,
it scales to hundreds of PCs and dozens of locations and has been
implemented in some very large library systems.

Mark Ellis
Manager, Reference and Information Services
Richmond Public Library
Richmond, B.C.
(604) 231-6410
www.yourlibrary.ca