Scandisk problem

jfruit at nsls.info jfruit at nsls.info
Tue Jul 16 16:34:30 EDT 2002

Hi,

We seem to be having trouble with Scandisk on one of our Win98
Machines.  Whenever scandisk runs (typically when recovering from a
crash), the process seems to take forever to complete compared to other
win98 machines. It does not lock up, however, and is able to finish.

When I boot to the dos prompt and run scan disk from there, it seem to
have trouble with the directory structure part of the scan.  I did a
surface scan and it found no problems.

We are running fortress.  Dunno if that matters.

Thanks,

John