[WEB4LIB] RE: The Wireless Future of Library Computing

James Hill hill2 at students.uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 12 13:25:42 EDT 2002

I recently started learning about Wirless networks and don't presume to
know much about them, so forgive me if I err in this, but from what I've
seen and read, aren't WLANs much more expensive not cheaper?  I mean, a
regular Ethernet NIC can go for about $15-20, but a wirless one can be
about 4 times as much (for PCs).  Routers and hubs are also quite a bit
pricier in wireless form.  Are you looking at it cutting costs in other
ways?

---
James Hill
Graduate Assistant