The Wireless Future of Library Computing

Blake Carver carver.50 at osu.edu
Thu Jul 11 16:10:52 EDT 2002

Hi All,
We have this Column on The Wireless Future of Library Computing running at
LISNews, by Karl Bridges.

He says we are at the beginning of a major shift in the library computing
paradigm, having already witnessed the movement from paper-based systems to
mainframe computing and personal computing based on ever more sophisticated
and powerful personal computers.
Now we have begun to see the development of the use of portable laptop
computing - first through the use of hard wired ports and, more recently,
the use of wireless connectivity. The question then becomes whether the
laptop becomes the final destination on this technological road.
He says the answer, it seems, is no.

Check it out here:

http://www.lisnews.com/article.php3?sid=20020710201057

Blake Carver