Changes in LIS Education -- Revised Bibliography

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Tue Jul 2 11:31:30 EDT 2002

A while back I posted a note to Web4Lib announcing a new bibliography I'd
put together. I've just completed a substantial revision to this "Changes in
LIS Education" bibliography:

http://www.lis.uiuc.edu/~b-sloan/edbib.html

This bibliography represents my attempt to gather relevant literature
related to changes in LIS education over the past fifteen years, for North
American schools accredited by the American Library Association. This
bibliography contains entries that treat the topic from the perspectives of
both practitioner and educator. There are some entries that may fall outside
of the "North American" criterion, or that may be older than fifteen years.
I include them because I find them useful.

There are more than 250 citations in this bibliography. About 25% of these
entries are available online, and the URLs have been listed. More than 60
citations have been added since the last revision. These new entries have
been highlighted in red. (Note: "new" means new to this bibliography, and
not necessarily a recent publication).

Please contact me if you have additional entries.

Bernie Sloan
Senior Library Information Systems Consultant
University of Illinois Office for Planning and Budgeting
338 Henry Administration Building
506 S. Wright Street
Urbana, IL  61801

Phone: (217) 333-4895