Announcing 2 Univ. of New Mexico IT job postings (fwd)

Barb Rosen brosen at unm.edu
Tue Jan 8 03:10:29 EST 2002

Dear colleagues,

The purpose of this note is to inform you of two information technology
jobs that are now available in my department, Library Information
Technology    (LIT) at the University of New Mexico General Library in
Albuquerque, NM. Key areas of work include development of software,
database and database-to-web services, system administration (including
security) across multiple OS platforms (AIX, Linux, WinNT/2000). We are the
IT organization for the leading academic research library in New Mexico
and, as such, provide a large and growing number of online services to our
communities and to other institutions in the state.

In order to attract the widest possible pool of applicants, we are
advertising the positions at 3 levels, Analyst/Programmer I, II and III. We
have the option to hire each position at any of those levels, depending
upon qualifications and experience.

For those of you in the private sector, it's worthwhile to highlight
differences between it and the university setting. There is a great deal of
flexibility about work schedules and a much greater amount of vacation
allowed (4 weeks/yr.) from the beginning, plus a paid holiday break from
Christmas through New Year's. In addition, sick leave (96 hrs./yr.) applies
to caring for your family as well as yourself. Education and training is
supported with both money and released time. The work atmosphere is very
informal and the work is often at the cutting edge of implementing new
services and technologies.

The benefit package is especially attractive compared to most private
employment, including paid tuition for dependents, education for spouses
and domestic partners, health, dental, disability, life & other insurance
options, pension _and_ 403b (equiv. to 401k) retirement plans. Benefits for
spouses and dependents are generally paid at the same percentages as those
for employees.

The postings are available online at these URLS:

Analyst/programmer I: <http://www.unm.edu/~hrnet/jobs/m32211.htm>
Analyst/programmer II: <http://www.unm.edu/~hrnet/jobs/m32212.htm>
Analyst/programmer III: <http://www.unm.edu/~hrnet/jobs/m32213.htm>

Applications are being accepted until February 4, 2002.

UNM is a big place, with the attendant administrative complexity. DO NOT
try to apply by responding to this e-mail. It is very important that you
follow UNM's application process and apply _separately_ for each level for
which you wish to be considered. For information, see "How to Apply for UNM
Staff Jobs" <http://www.unm.edu/~employ/pages/reginst.htm>. You ought to
read "How to Interpret a UNM Job Vacancy Announcement"
<http://www.unm.edu/~employ/pages/interprt.htm>.

As the postings mention, do feel free to contact me with questions
regarding the postings.

Thanks for your attention.

	 -Aaron Ezekiel
--
Aaron Ezekiel, Manager, Information Services
Library Information Technology       UNM General Library