[WEB4LIB] Re: Email Services

Tony Barry me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
Wed Jan 30 22:01:56 EST 2002

At 6:29 AM -0800 24/1/02, Arthur Christy wrote:
>we run Linux Sendmail with a webmail program.  we like the cost!!  FREE!
>Works Great!  Every student and employee has an email account.

You can also run sendmail  on the latest Macintosh operating system,
MacOS X. It comes with it built in. Sendmail however is not for the
faint hearted. There are a number of commercial and free servers for
the Mac. I've been using EIMS (Eudora Internat Mail Server) from
Qualcomm for some years now and have also used it to run lists via
Autoshare (also free). It's very easy to configure and as it is
scriptable via Applescript you can add your own bells and whistles if
you wish.

MacOS has the advantage that it is secure unlike certain other well
know operating systems produced by a major vendor :-)

Tony
--
phone  +61 2 6241 7659
mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au