Intranet/Portal Product Reviews?

Terry Huwe thuwe at library.berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 16 19:54:44 EST 2002

Friends:

We're examining the marketplace for Intranet/Extranet/Portal software, for
use in a community-university partnership.  We're planning to come up with
a list of the "top ten" for the dominant price ranges--including open
source products like Zope and higher ticket items like Cold Fusion.

We would like to ask those of you who are working in firms and departments
with various portal software to share your own "best picks" with this
list.  What are you using?  What have recently taken a close look at?
We'd love to hear your uncensored product reviews.

This is very preliminary so we don't have anything in mind yet.
I'd rather not say what we think we'd like to do as we really just
want to know what you seasoned intranet/extranet/portal managers like--and
what you counsel others to avoid!  :-)

Please reply to the list so all can benefit.

Thanks, Terry Huwe

Terence K. Huwe
Director of Library and Information Resources
Institute of Industrial Relations
Institute for Labor and Employment
University of California
Voice:  (510) 643-7061