text size in IE 5+

Jon Solomon jsolomon at library.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 31 11:41:54 EST 2002

This is something that has been really getting under my skin and I cannot
figure out how to fix it.  Any time I launch my browser (IE version 5 and
up), the text size resets to "smallest," so I always have to change it to
"smaller" or "medium."  This is of course bothering me, but I am also
concerned that this might be something IE consistently does, and in the
case of public machines, this is not good.  Many sites render unreadable
with text size set to "smallest."  Any suggestions?  In my current
situation, I am running win2k and so are the public machines, if that makes
any difference.  Thanks for any tips.

-- jon

<http://lib.berkeley.edu/~jsolomon>jon d.
<http://lib.berkeley.edu/~jsolomon>solomon