Quick Printer Installation

CWhite5280 at aol.com CWhite5280 at aol.com
Mon Jan 28 11:49:16 EST 2002

We have about 50 public workstations in two location and are using Pharos Uniprint on them. When Uniprint goes down we would like to have backup printing available that would send jobs to an HP printer at the Reference Desk. The problem is we don't want the the HP printer to show up as an available printer. We're trying to get around this by allowing staff members to install the backup printer on the fly when necessary. We're presently using "HP Print Wizard", but would like to find some way to install a printer with one click and no prompts. This probably involves some kind of script or macro. Is anyone familiar with anything that could do this?