[WEB4LIB]Technical question

Joyce M. Latham latham1 at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 15 17:27:39 EST 2002

Ok, troops, here is one of those technical questions I need help with
periodically:

I am setting up a bunch of 486's for tear-down/re-build for a library
school class.  The only problem is a persistence in loss of the A drive
-- four out of the six do not recognize the A drive -- swap out a
drives, swap out cables, get a seek error message when booting the
machine; tried changing the setup to 720's -- no luck.  These are all
the same machine, getting the same error, which leads me to believe it
is a set-up issue in some way, other than just all the connectors on the
mother board for the a drives has gone bad ...

Any thoughts?

Joyce

--
Joyce M. Latham
GSLIS -- University of Illinois

   "Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people; there is
only     enlightened activity."  Suzuki Roshi