[WEB4LIB] Problems with lynx

Bob Rasmussen ras at anzio.com
Mon Jan 7 13:08:05 EST 2002

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Màiri Mc Fall wrote:

> I know this is a little off topic, but I'm tearing my hair trying to find a
> solution.
>
> A couple of months ago, Pac Bell changed DNS servers on us. We ran around
> changing everything and all is well, except the lynx program on our Unix
> server. I've waded through the lynx.cfg and can't find a setting for a DNS.
> Maybe is labeled in some way I don't understand? You would think that access
> without the pictures wouldn't be popular, but I have several very vocal
> patrons who call everyday, wondering when it will be fixed.

You may be looking under the wrong rock. DNS is typically handled at the Unix
level, not in individual applications (such as Lynx). Check the network
configuration area of whatever Unix you have.

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com