[WEB4LIB] Re: Links to Afghanistan

hitchhiker hitchhiker at oneparadigm.com
Thu Jan 3 14:44:34 EST 2002

This is a list of Afghan related media and think tank sources:
http://www.terrorismlibrary.com/afghanistanwebresources.htm#Afghanistan

This is a list of general articles on Afghanistan.  Some of the articles are
somewhat dated and useful for historical purposes, but others are current
http://www.terrorismlibrary.com/generalunderstanding.htm#understandingafghan
istan

This is a list of post-Taliban articles that focus on the rebuilding efforts
and the political situation:
http://www.terrorismlibrary.com/rebuilding_afghanistan.htm

This is a list of articles on significant developments in the war:
http://www.terrorismlibrary.com/newwar.htm

Articles on Bin Laden and Al Q
http://www.terrorismlibrary.com/understanding_bin_laden.htm

Articles on refugees:
http://www.terrorismlibrary.com/refugees_internally_displaced_pe.htm

You may also wish to keyword search daypop.com, rocketnews.com, and
moreover.com for recent news articles
on Afghanistan.    Yahoo has excellent links at
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/World/Afghanistan/

Others:
CSIS Afghan war reports
http://www.csis.org/features/cord_011227.htm

BBC Full Afghanistan Coverage
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/in_depth/world/2001/war_on_terror/

WPost Coverage
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/nation/specials/attacked/

Military.com Afghanistan news
http://www.military.com/Content/MoreContent1/?file=AA_index

DOD Afghan Campaign News
http://www.defendamerica.mil/

Institute for War and Peace Reporting Afghanistan Resources
http://www.iwpr.net/index.pl?intcrisis_index.html

As an aside, there is an interesting article on civilian deaths in
Afghanistan not covered by the U.S. media at
http://www.media-alliance.org/mediafile/20-5/index.html

Though not solely focused on Afghanistan, you will find a lot of interesting
news on Afghanistan that doesn't
seem to be reported in Western media sources at http://www.debka.com/

You may wish to look through the index of resources at TerrorismLibrary.com

Stefan Bauschard
Terrorism Library