[WEB4LIB] Re: BIOS Print/Capture

Masters, Gary E GEM at CDRH.FDA.GOV
Wed Feb 20 06:17:30 EST 2002

Could they install a tiny computer (like a calculator) that runs on a
battery and just saves that string of data when a computer boots?
Many times I have booted and booted just to read a message that flashed by
on the screen.  (Well - it seemed like many times.)

In a very competitive market, that could be a feature to pull in a few
points of market share.  (Dell - are you reading?)

It could even have some other features for recovery from disasters or
perhaps go to a Ghost image.   I see some possibilities here.

Just a thought.

Gary

Gary E. Masters
Librarian (Systems)