[WEB4LIB] Re: text size in IE 5+

Jon Solomon jsolomon at library.berkeley.edu
Fri Feb 1 11:40:07 EST 2002

Not only does (just mine?) IE not remember which font size I specified
during its last session, it doesn't seem to remember from one instance to
the next.
This morning I launched the browser, it loaded my home page in "medium." A
new window (Ctrl N) loaded the same page in "smaller". ??

yup.  this is exactly what is happening to me.  here is a response i
received which sounds pretty interesting:
Well, this sounds like a restriction done by renaming you NTUSER.DAT
file to NTUSER.MAN which keeps changes to the profile from being saved.
This is what is called a "mandatory profile". However, I will not swear
that this is what you are running into.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tom Edelblute
Public Access Systems Coordinator
Anaheim Public Library phone: (714) 765-1759
500 West Broadway fax: (714) 765-1730
Anaheim CA 92805 e-mail: thomas at anaheim.lib.ca.us

if i wanted to try renaming these files, where are they located?  and here
is another response i just now received:
I don't know if this is exactly the same problem, but...
We were seeing this problem with some of our staff machines with Eudora 5.1
on them. If Eudora was set to use the Microsoft viewer, IE would go back to
using the smaller font every time the browser was launched, no matter what
the font was set to before. Once the Microsoft viewer was turned off,
everything was dandy. You can also add this line to the eudora.ini, if you
want to continue to use Microsoft viewer:
SeparateMSHTMLSettings=1

Hope this helps!
Stef

i am running eudora 4.3.  would the same possibly be true here as well?
thanks for all these suggestions.  i will try out what i can.

-- jon

<http://lib.berkeley.edu/~jsolomon>jon d.
<http://lib.berkeley.edu/~jsolomon>solomon
technical services