[WEB4LIB] Use of ssi's--CORRECTION

Nancy Sosna Bohm plum at ulink.net
Sun Feb 10 10:55:24 EST 2002

I woke up this morning and thought first thing that y'all will NOT be able
to see the code after the server has processed the ssi's.
First, to recap what I am asking:
Is it insanity to to recode 25 pages of links to & info about our hundreds
of
databases using ssi's to "hide" and "show" the appropriate links when
students are on or off campus (depending on IP range)?

One of the current pages looks like this:
http://www.lib.lfc.edu/journals/a-dbs.html

Now, to see the code for new version:
http://www.lib.lfc.edu/journals/a-dbstesty.html
Look here:
http://ulink.net/plum/Home/a-dbstesty.html

And here again is the page we (3 of us) would fill in with data from the
other 24 pages:
http://www.lib.lfc.edu/journals/a-ztemplate.html
With its code visible here:
http://ulink.net/plum/Home/a-ztemplate.html

Thank again in advance for any responses.

--Nancy Bohm
   Reference and Web Librarian
   Donnelley Library
   Lake Forest College